Opalesque.TV
 

Video not playing? Please email us if you need further help.

Embed Share Comments (2)

George Schultze: The Art of Vulture Investing

Jan 24 2013 2 Comments
George Schultze is the founder of Schultze Asset Management and author of “The Art of Vulture Investing.” George classifies himself as a “vulture investor,” investing in distressed securities and companies that are troubled. His particular strategy revolves around 3 areas of investment: shorting companies on their way into distress, focusing on loans or bonds at a discount when they are in trouble, and after they have reorganized, investing in their post-reorganization equities.

George gives insights from his career in vulture inve ...more

More videos about Niche StrategiesResearch/Education. Location: New York »

jack-schwager-2

Jack Schwager's new book “Market Sense and Nonsense” – 30 years observing investment mistakes
Opalesque.TV interview Part 2

patrick-wolff

Chess Grandmaster turns hedge fund manager seeded by Peter Thiel

joe-taussig-taussig-capital

Why have 14 blue chip hedge fund managers acquired or started reinsurers?

Lars Jaeger

Dr. Lars Jaeger on Hedge Fund Replication and Alternative Beta
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

sahm-adrangi

Kerrisdale Capital: How do people react these days to a hedge fund making 200% a year?
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

More related videos
Video Library
Video Location

Talkback 2 Comments

Please use the comment feature below for your feedback, or email me at knab@opalesque.com. Thank you!

Matthias Knab Posted On Jan 24 2013

If vulture Investing could be called an art, what is the point in going to the museums to look at stuff shown there? I assume, there are different tastes in "arts" and this might fit few such "tastes". The ethical and moral concerns surface when "art" turns into organized and systematic engineering of such "distresses" and exploitation by the 1% of the rest 99%. Is there a way to ensure cleanliness among the vultures?

anonymous Posted On Jan 24 2013

Tell us what you think - please logon to add your comments

Most viewed videos Newest Videos

Ping Jiang

Dr. Ping Jiang: One of the world's
foremost macro traders
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

Julian Robertson

Julian Robertson
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

Mike Novogratz

Mike Novogratz, President of
Fortress Investment Group
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

Izzy Englander Israel A. Englander

Izzy Englander (Israel A.
Englander)
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

Elena Ambrosiadou

Elena Ambrosiadou
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

Jeffrey W Ubben

Jeffrey Ubben: The Evolution of the
Active Value Investment Style
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

Guy Spier

Guy Spier: How Value Investing has
changed -- new strategies of
successful value investors
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

Anthony Ward Armajaro

Anthony Ward, Armajaro

David Gerstenhaber

Tiger Cub David Gerstenhaber: The
economist whose passion for markets
began at age 14

William Browder Bill Browder

William Browder (Bill Browder)
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

jack-schwager-2

Jack Schwager's new book “Market
Sense and Nonsense” – 30 years
observing investment mistakes
Opalesque.TV interview Part 2

Karsten Schroeder

Karsten Schroeder, Amplitude
Capital: Can German engineering
drive a CTA?
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

Steve Diggle

Steve Diggle: Artradis Fund
Management, Singapore's largest
hedge fund
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

Doug Barnett

Doug Barnett: The hedge fund
manager of hedge fund managers

patrick-wolff

Chess Grandmaster turns hedge fund
manager seeded by Peter Thiel

Frank Meyer

Frank Meyer: The skill of investing
with the right managers early on

joe-taussig-taussig-capital

Why have 14 blue chip hedge fund
managers acquired or started
reinsurers?

Lars Jaeger

Dr. Lars Jaeger on Hedge Fund
Replication and Alternative Beta
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

Phil Goldstein

Phil Goldstein: The Bulldog's
passion for value investing
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

Mike Kelly

Michael Kelly, FrontPoint Partners
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

sahm-adrangi

Kerrisdale Capital: How do people
react these days to a hedge fund
making 200% a year?
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

eric-wong

A multi-family office backing prop
traders, market makers and CTAs

Chris Manser

Chris Manser, Global Head of Hedge
Funds, AXA IM: Why institutions
invest in hedge funds
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

Barney Schauble

Barney Schauble, Nephila Capital:
Investing in reinsurance and
weather risk
Opalesque.TV interview Part 1

Joe Taussig

Structural Alpha: Learn from the
successes of Buffett and Einhorn

robert-sanborn

Mutual fund turned hedge fund
manager says “Mother of all
Bubbles” is yet to come

Dr Vinay Nair

Ex-Wharton professor builds next
generation trading platform -
“systematic equivalent of prop
desk”

jim-chanos

Jim Chanos: Psychology of short
selling; China makes Europe, U.S.
debt look like child's play

Total  187 video(s) Found More Videos: 1 2 3 4 5 … Next